Software Engineer – SQL and ASP.NET
Voted Best Place to Work (Small Business) in Hampton Roads in 2011 by Inside Business, and named one of the top 25 small companies in Virginia by Virginia Business, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Software Engineer.
This position will be responsible for a variety of system development activities including internal applications, web development (intranet, extranet for sales reps and retailers, and eCommerce), manage our SQL Server database and work closely with IT management and departments to develop corporate solutions and reports.
The accountabilities of the position are:
- Implement and manage source code control for internal and external development.
- Responsible for the corporate intranet and extranets including hosting, SQL Server administration, classic HTML and .NET development, DTS and SSIS packages, proposed enhancements and interfaces to external development support.
- Upgrades and conversion from classic html to a .NET environment.
- Support the AspDotNetStoreFront corporate e-commerce web sites with development, version migrations, product listings and other activities required to keep the site running efficiently.
- Support our internal fulfillment software, Promail, by keeping e-commerce and drop ship interfaces working smoothly, handle version upgrades, and provide reporting and troubleshooting assistance as necessary.
- Assist in managing SQL Server databases on both the hosting site and internal databases on multiple servers supporting a variety of applications.
- Manage and develop DTS and SSIS packages, web services, EDI files, and all data transfers/communications that occur between e-commerce, fulfillment, intranet, extranet and the corporate ERP system.
- Support SSRS reporting including development of new reports, converting legacy HTML reports to SSRS and assisting business analysts with their report requirements and stored procedures.
- Support the corporate ERP system, with various reports, SQL scripts, database fixes, upgrades, and related application issue.
- Periodic support of general IT issues covering the network, desktops, laptops, printers, purchasing, etc.
Successful candidates for this position must have:
- 3+ years experience as a .NET developer (C#, ASP.NET)
- Knowledge of classic HTML and web development concepts
- Strong T-SQL experience including stored procedures, views, and triggers as well as relational database concepts
- Experience with administering Microsoft SQL Sever 2005 and/or 2008
- Experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and legacy DTS
- SQL Server administration (1 year minimum)
- Web site development
- 1 year experience developing reports with SSRS
- Broad understating of Microsoft Visual Studio development environment and IIS website configuration
- Experience with source code control applications
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently
- Additional experience with e-commerce, fulfillment, AspDotNetStoreFront or ERP systems would be a plus.
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to kcoats AT swimways.com.