Software Engineer – SQL and ASP.NET
Named one of the top 25 small companies in Virginia by Virginia Business for three consecutive years, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Software Engineer.
This position is a mid-level programmer that will be involved in a variety of system development activities that includes intranet and extranet applications, web development, B2B and B2C projects, custom reporting, and SQL Server database administration. You will be part of a small IT team and that works closely with all departments to develop long term strategic corporate solutions.
The accountabilities of the position are:
- Develop new applications in .NET that support the business processes of Swimways.
- Support classic ASP/HTML applications by troubleshooting issues, helping users, and converting the applications to a .NET Application.
- Support the AspDotNetStoreFront corporate eCommerce web sites with development, fulfillment, version migrations, product listings and other activities required to keep the sites running efficiently.
- Support all other non-eCommerce web sites.
- Domain Administration setting up DNS and SSL Certificates.
- Assist in managing and configuring hosting servers.
- Assist in managing SQL Server databases on both the hosting site and internal databases on multiple servers.
- Support SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) environment including development of new reports, converting legacy HTML/ASP reports to SSRS and assisting business analysts with their report requirements and stored procedures.
- Support the corporate ERP system by assisting with database issues, reports, SQL scripts, upgrades and any related application issues.
- Periodic support of general IT issues covering the network, desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
Successful candidates for this position must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of classic ASP and web development concepts.
- Strong T-SQL experience including stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
- 1 year experience administering Microsoft SQL Server versions 2008+.
- Knowledge of administering MySQL Database.
- Experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 1 year experience developing reports with SSRS.
- Broad understating of Microsoft Visual Studio development and IIS website configuration.
- Experience with Version Control Applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently.
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.