Social Media and E-Commerce Specialist
We're sorry, but this position has already been filled. Check out our other career opportunities.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Social Media and E-Commerce Specialist.
In support of digital marketing at Swimways, the primary functions of this position include:
- Responsible for all day-to-day communication with consumers via social media channels representing the Swimways Corporation and its three brands: SwimWays, COOP, and Kelsyus.
- Assists the Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager with maintaining the e-commerce store.
- Makes updates to content on consumer-facing websites and assists with other online marketing projects and tasks such as email marketing, research, and reporting.
- As the lead on day-to-day social media communications, creates and nurtures highly engaged online communities for each of our brands’ channels.
- Responds to consumers promptly with a consistently friendly and professional attitude that represents our company and brands.
- Works with the Customer Service team and other departments as needed to resolve consumer issues and answer questions encountered on social networks.
- Works collaboratively across departments to add and update content on our websites and social media channels.
- Uses analytics tools to research trends and create reports for the Marketing and Executive Teams as needed.
- Assists the Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager with the implementation and maintenance of third party social media applications for contests, coupons, and other content.
- Assists the Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager with the production and delivery of email marketing newsletters.
- Assists the Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager with updates to the e-commerce store.
- Participates and contributes to the planning of online campaigns with the Marketing department.
- Bachelor's degree in online communications, marketing or combined relevant experience.
- 2-3 years' experience directly maintaining social networks in a professional capacity for a company or brand, preferably in consumer goods marketing.
- Demonstrated success in fostering and growing a highly engaged social media community.
- Displays personal and professional maturity when communicating on behalf of our brands and company online.
- Expert working knowledge of how to use and administer the top social networks for businesses. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, and Instagram.)
- Working knowledge of content management systems and basic HTML coding.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Experience with web design and photo editing software, such as Photoshop.
- Experience with e-commerce.
- Experience with email marketing software.
- Personal interest in outdoor recreation.
- Professional interest in pursuing a career in social media, e-commerce, or other online marketing discipline.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized, outgoing, technically adept, deadline oriented, and able to work both independently and within a team environment. During peak promotional seasons, weekend and evening work may be required on occasion in support of social media and e-commerce campaigns.
Not only does SwimWays offer a fun work environment, we also offer competitive pay and benefits. Qualified applicants may email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.