Named one of the top 25 companies in Virginia by Virginia Business, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position in our Finance Department for a Senior Accountant.
This position will provide leadership for Swimways Corporation in the areas of costing, financial reporting and analysis, fixed asset management, internal controls, GAAP compliance, accounts receivable, inventory and systems infrastructure support to help improve our teams systems utilization.
- The improvement of Swimways costing structure, reporting tools, processes, procedures and systems
- Oversee the accounts receivable function to ensure compliance with all borrowing base reporting issues, with special emphasis on deduction management and reporting
- Manage the company fixed assets processes
- Ensure that Swimways policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards
- Establish and maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure
- Oversee accounting, financial reporting, preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Represent the accounting organization on the implementation of various systems and processes
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams driven to improve process across the organization. Lead and manage a small team of accountants and assure that timely feedback is provided to employees on an ongoing basis and prepare annual reviews
- Perform all of the usual functions of an employee in an accounting organization including but not limited to updating system information, month end closing, annual and bank audit management, cost accounting, prepare monthly borrowing base, assist with annual budget, determine annual standards needed for our standard costing system, balance sheet reconciliations and any other functions of this nature deemed necessary by the CFO
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7-10 years' experience in the costing or manufacturing fields Planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship / team building skills
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.