Named one of the top 25 small companies in Virginia by Virginia Business, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Programmer.
This is a mid- to entry- level position that will be responsible for supporting all the business applications at Swimways which include the ERP system, websites, e-commerce environment, product development software, and any other custom or COTS business software. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire to join a small IT team in a diverse and challenging technical environment.
The accountabilities of the position are:
Successful candidates for this position must have:
- Support the Company's ERP system, Made2Manage, which runs in a Windows Server 2008 environment with a SQL Server 2008 database. The candidate will act as first level support, troubleshoot issues, work with vendor support, and write SQL scripts for data extracts and maintenance.
- Support the custom business applications that are written in classic html and ASP.NET with a SQL Server 2008 database. The candidate will provide first level support, reporting and programming assistance as necessary.
- Support the company's e-commerce and drop ship environments and all external interfaces.
- Write custom reports as necessary using SSRS, SSIS, stored procedures, and the reporting tools provided by the ERP software.
- Work with the IT team to support the corporate websites, intranet and extranets.
- Assist the IT team with desktop support as necessary.
- BS in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years programming experience supporting business software applications.
- 1 year experience developing reports with SSRS or similar reporting tools.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server environment.
- Good knowledge of SQL including stored procedures, views, triggers and relational database concepts.
- Ability to document business applications and business requirements.
- Experience with Visual Studio, ASP.NET, AspDotNetStorefront, and/or web development concepts would be a plus but not required.
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Swimways is an equal opportunity employer.