Named one of the top 25 small companies in Virginia by Virginia Business for three consecutive years, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Programmer.
This position is entry to mid-level and will be responsible for supporting the corporate ERP system and custom applications as well as providing desktop support on PCs, Laptops and printers. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire to join a small IT team in a diverse and challenging technical environment.
The accountabilities of the position are:
Successful candidates for this position should have:
- Support the Company’s ERP system, Made2Manage, which runs in a Windows Server 2008 environment with a SQL Server 2008 database. The candidate will become a member of the super user team, act as first level support, troubleshoot issues, and write SQL scripts for data extracts and maintenance.
- Support the custom business applications that are written in classic html and ASP.NET with a SQL Server 2008 database. This position will provide first level support and programming assistance as necessary.
- Provide desktop support on PCs, laptops, printers, and other peripheral hardware.
- Write custom reports as necessary using SSRS, SSIS, stored procedures, and the reporting tools provided by the ERP software.
- Work with the IT team to support the corporate websites, intranet and extranets.
- BS in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting business software applications.
- 1 year experience developing reports with SSRS or similar reporting tools.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server environment.
- Good knowledge of SQL including stored procedures, views, triggers and relational database concepts.
- General experience supporting hardware and software issues on PCs and Laptops.
- Experience with Visual Studio, ASP.NET, AspDotNetStorefront, and/or web development concepts would be a plus but not required.
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.