Product Integrity Specialist
Voted Best Place to Work (Small Business) in Hampton Roads in 2011, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Product Integrity Specialist.
The mission of this position is to assure that new and existing products are compliant with Federal, State and Industry regulations and requirements. It will also continually work to maintain acceptable quality and workmanship levels for all Swimways products.
The accountabilities of the position are:
- Develop testing protocols and process to ensure new products meet industry and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Establish and maintain technical compliance folders for assigned Swimways product categories.
- Work closely with Product Development team throughout the development process to ensure that new products will meet safety and regulatory policies and initiatives. Conduct risk assessment, ensure proper age grading, and warning applications.
- Review product packaging for compliance to labeling and marketing claims.
- Review product samples to ensure products are manufactured according to Swimways requirements.
- Evaluate and approve quotations from appointed 3rd party testing labs.
- Research and discuss interpretations of applicable standards with test labs or retailers when discrepancies arise during the testing process.
- Daily communication with China team to resolve any open compliance or safety issues with products currently in or being planned for production. Provide testing guidance to product teams, suppliers and overseas offices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any product safety, quality and consumer/retailer issues.
- Review Mass Retailer compliance protocols as needed and identify whether changes to product or packaging may be required for compliance.
- Be an active participant in standards development committees (ASTM, ISO)
- Attend technical training classes and seminars to enhance knowledge of assigned area.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Working knowledge of U.S. regulations and industry standards related to toys and juvenile products.
- Knowledge of independent government agencies / regulatory bodies.
- A degree in engineering, chemistry or biology desired but not required.
- Must be proficient researcher with an aptitude for reading technical / regulatory manuals.
- Willingness to learn and take direction.
- Experience in a test lab or in the toy industry is a plus.
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Not only does Swimways offer a fun work environment, we also offer competitive pay and benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.