Product Integrity Specialist, II
We're sorry, but this position has already been filled. Check out our other career opportunities.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Product Integrity Specialist, Level 2.
This position will be responsible for contributing to the goals of the Product Integrity Department, by ensuring that products are compliant with regulations, are safe for intended use and meet Swimways quality standards. The position requires strong technical knowledge in the area of product safety and regulatory compliance for the US & Canadian markets for toys and general hard goods; it also requires strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders, external customers and regulatory agencies to maintain and strengthen the Swimways product safety, quality and compliance programs.
Accountabilities for the position include:
- Lead and develop global protocols/standards development with Swimways China team
- Assist in risk/hazard assessment process which consists of identifying potential product hazards and ensures that design and construction are able to withstand manufacturing variances
- Manages and communicates technical requirements to internal/external partners related to QA, product development and test programs
- Assist in continued development of product inspection program with Swimways China Product Integrity staff
- Co-manages daily testing follow up where corrective action or failure rebuttal is required
- Participation in New Product Development process; reviewing samples from model to sign off
- Identify, prioritize and launch special projects to maintain compliance with state, federal and international laws, regulations, statutes and directives
- Responsible to help research, maintain and communicate Product Integrity policy and procedures
- Expansive knowledgeable of CFR & ASTM test methodology
- Labeling requirements for packaging and product
- Regulatory requirements for CPSC/CPSIA & ASTM requirements for toys
- Lab management procedures (equipment calibration/maintenance and record keeping)
- Agency & Commission jurisdictions for various products
Not only is Swimways a great place to build a career, we also offer competitive salary and great benefits. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.