Key Account Specialist
Named one of the top 25 small companies in Virginia by Virginia Business for three consecutive years, Swimways Corporation is a worldwide manufacturer of leisure and recreational products located in Virginia Beach, VA. We currently have an open position for a Key Account Specialist to work in our Sales Operations department in Virginia Beach.
This position will work directly with a selected segment of the top 50 retail account customers and support internal functions and third party vendors to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Develops and administers Compliance Review Program ensuring regulatory compliance goals are met and managing and avoiding chargebacks.
- Monitors, analyzes, and communicates developing trends in retail compliance and advises management of operational impact.
- Identifies and communicates compliance deficiencies and problems to management and provides guidance to correct any problems.
- Maintains up-to-date customer files and vendor agreements and ensures adherence to compliance standards.
- Reviews proposed changes to vendor agreements and makes suggestions to help implement the changes.
- Coordinates development and review of forms, contracts and disclosures to meet the needs of the company and comply with order processing and compliance standards.
- Manages the flow of Direct Import orders from start to finish and communicates necessary information or issues to the sales team and customer.
- Works closely with sales reps and our manufacturing partners to ensure orders are properly handled with regard to pricing, availability, packaging, testing, shipping, etc.
- Troubleshoots issues such as product shortages, late shipments, testing, compliance issues and PO extensions and handle all shipping discrepancies.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of quote sheets and pricing programs for Top 50 accounts. Handle PLI renewals and manages purchase orders and letters of credit.
- Maintains corporate policy guidelines adding, maintaining and monitoring EDI accounts. The EDI process will include various ways of EDI receipts including some specific customer vendor portals.
- Facilitates re-work process on domestic issues and ensures product is completed and shipped per customer requirements.
- Originates and maintain factory specific product lists for retail partners.
- Handles all DataSync information and item entry on participating accounts.
- Develops streamlined processes to better assist the retail partner and improve internal profitability.
- Acts as a back-up to others in the department regarding various other key accounts.
- 4 year degree preferred, but not required.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working with sales reps and electronic data transfer.
- Previous retail compliance experience working with both specific domestic and import terms and conditions is helpful, but not required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills a must.
Not only is Swimways a fun place to work and excellent place to build a career, we also offer competitive pay and benefits.
Qualified candidates wishing to join the Swimways team may submit resumes with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.