Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, Virginia Beach based Swimways Corporation is a leader in outdoor recreational products. Our mission is making free time more fun through innovation! We are currently searching for a talented Graphic Designer to join our all star team. Check out our great brands and products on www.swimways.com, www.coop-sports.com and www.kelsyus.com.
The primary role of the Graphic Designer is to design and execute impactful packaging and collateral materials that articulate and reinforce the brand/product position. This position reports to the Director of Creative Services and works closely with other members of the design team along with marketing and product development. The successful candidate will have an excellent sense of design, typography, package/brand architecture and technical skills necessary to create finished designs.
- Design and execute packaging and collateral materials in keeping with the brand position.
- Partner with marketing, product development and other designers to meet the package requirements set forth by marketing.
- Conceptualize and create printed materials (selling materials, point-of-purchase materials, product displays) and other custom artwork and able to deliver design solutions for multiple projects running simultaneously.
- Demonstrates service-oriented behavior: e.g. respects internal review process, meets deadlines, handles negative internal and client feedback with professionalism and grace, produces professional-quality deliverables.
- Develop package comps for retail sales presentations.
- Regularly juggle tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Intermediate proficiency in the following applications: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign; basic to intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel in a Mac environment.
- Hand Illustration skills are extremely helpful.
- Knowledge of visual design principals: graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon & logo development, branding, messaging.
- Ability to produce impressive design solutions that communicate brand initiatives and objectives clearly.
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude and ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Ability and willingness to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Is a self-starter and able to work with strong attention to detail.
We are a company that values its employees and the contributions they make. We maintain a fun work environment without ever losing focus on tasks at hand. Swimways is a terrific place to build a career and we offer great benefits. Qualified applicants may email sample portfolio and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.